Updated May 2018
1) Introduction to A1 Community Works Ltd. (A1CW)
This website (‘site’) is owned by the A1 Community Works Ltd. A1CW believes you have a right to privacy on the web and A1CW works to protect your security online as vigorously as possible.
This policy applies to all pages hosted on this site. It does not apply to other organisations to which A1CW may link and whose privacy policies may differ.
2) On what basis does A1CW collect personal information?
Personal information A1CW holds about you will be collected and used either because:
• you have consented for A1CW to do so for the specific purposes described in this policy;
• it is necessary in order for A1CW to comply with our obligations under a contract between you and A1CW; or
• it is necessary in pursuit of a “legitimate interest”, ie where A1CW or a third party have a valid reason for using your personal information which is not overridden by your privacy.
3) What personal information does A1CW collect?
A1CW may collect the following personal information from you:
• Your name, residential address, contact address and telephone numbers, email address, photos and content you may have created or provided through your use of the site.
• Personal information you give to A1CW via email, the various personal information capture forms on our site, or information voluntarily given to A1CW via forms, meetings, telephone or postal mail.
• Payment information provided to enable A1CW to administer any grant or other payments
• A record of any correspondence between you and A1CW.
• Replies to any surveys or questionnaires that A1CW may use for research purposes.
• Details of your visits to the site, the resources and pages that you access and any searches you make.
• Any information A1CW may require from you when you report a problem or complaint.
• The number of communications you make with A1CW.
A1CW only collects such personal information when you choose to supply it to A1CW but please note there may be instances where A1CW receives and uses your personal information which has been provided to A1CW by a third party.
4) How is your personal information used?
A1CW may use the personal information gathered for the following purposes:
• To keep you up to date on the latest announcements or other information related to A1CW that you have said you want to hear. A1CW may send this information electronically or otherwise, if you have opted-in to receive information from A1CW.
• Ensure that the content of the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
• For service administration purposes, which means that A1CW may contact you for reasons related to any services you may have signed up for.
• Carry out and administer any obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and A1CW.
• Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
5) Does A1CW share my personal information?
A1CW does not disclose any personal information you provide to any third parties other than as follows:
• When A1CW needs to send your personal information to companies who work on behalf of A1CW to provide a service to you, A1CW will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that personal information for any other purpose.
• Where personal information such as email addresses is passed to our funders.
• Where A1CW carries out research to gain an insight into the use of our services, the results of this research (but not your personal information itself) may be transferred to interested third parties.
• If A1CW is under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
• In order to enforce any terms and conditions or agreements for our services that may apply.
• A1CW may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a restructure or merger.
• To protect our rights, property and safety, or the rights, property and safety of our users or any other third parties.
Other than as set out above, A1CW shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give A1CW permission to do so. If A1CW does supply your personal information to a third party A1CW will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected and that third party complies with the terms of this notice.
A1CW does not share personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) unless adequate safeguarding procedures are in place.
6) How secure is the personal information you give to A1CW?
Personal information collected on sites is stored in controlled servers with limited access. Your personal information may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom where A1CW or its partners are located.
A1CW will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are carried out in order to safeguard the personal information A1CW collects from you and protect against unlawful access and accidental loss or damage.
These measures may include (as necessary):
• protecting our servers by both hardware and software firewalls;
• locating our data processing storage facilities in secure locations;
• when necessary, disposing of or deleting your personal information so it is done so securely;
• regularly backing up all personal information A1CW holds.
A1CW will ensure that its employees are aware of their privacy and personal information security obligations. A1CW will take reasonable steps to ensure that the employees of third parties working on our behalf are aware of their privacy and personal information security obligations.
This notice and our procedures for handling personal information will be reviewed as necessary.
Unfortunately, A1CW cannot guarantee the transmission of personal information via the internet is completely secure. Although A1CW will do its best to protect your personal information, A1CW cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once A1CW has received your personal information, A1CW will use the strict procedures and security features referred to in this clause to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7) How can you opt out of receiving messages from A1CW?
A1CW will send you communications such as emails if you have given A1CW permission to do so. If A1CW sends you unsolicited emails, the email will enable you to register an opt-out to receiving other emails from A1CW. If you do not wish to receive messages from A1CW, please send an email asking that your personal information be removed from A1CW databases to
8) Children’s privacy and website users under the age of 16.
If you are under the age of 16, A1CW will only accept personal information that has permission given by your parent/guardian.
9) How long will A1CW keep your personal information?
Where you have given consent for A1CW to have your personal information A1CW as part of a contractual obligation we shall continue to use it for that purpose for ten years from the last date on which you have interacted with us, at which point A1CW will ask you again if you wish to continue your consent. If at that point you do not respond A1CW will cease to use your personal information for that purpose for example emailing you information.
For any category of personal information not specifically defined in this Notice, and unless otherwise specified by applicable law, the required retention period for any personal information will be deemed to be ten years from the date of receipt by A1CW of that personal information.
The retention periods stated in this Notice can be prolonged or shortened as may be required (for example, in the event that legal proceedings apply to the personal information or if there is an on-going investigation into the personal information).
A1CW reviews the personal information (and the categories of personal information) A1CW holds on a regular basis to ensure the personal information A1CW is holding is still relevant to our business and is accurate. If A1CW discovers that certain personal information A1CW is holding is no longer necessary or accurate, A1CW will take reasonable steps to correct or delete this personal information as may be required.
10) Your Rights - How can you access, correct or delete your personal information?
You have a right to know about how A1CW protects your personal information, (as set out in this policy).
You can also request information about the personal information A1CW holds about you (a subject access request). Please contact A1CW as detailed in section 10 below.
You always have the right to unsubscribe from our services where A1CW relies on your consent for holding your personal information.
Please let A1CW know if you need to update your personal information or if the personal information A1CW holds on you is incorrect.
You also have a right to restrict processing of your personal information and the right to object to your personal information being processed.
You have the right to ask A1CW to stop using your personal information in certain ways (as set out in the policy).
You have the right to ask A1CW to delete your personal information. Unless A1CW has reasonable grounds to refuse the erasure, on receipt of such a request A1CW will securely delete the personal information in question within one month. The personal information may continue to exist in certain backup, but A1CW will take steps to ensure that it will not be accessible.
11) Contact A1CW
If you have any questions relating to this policy or the personal information A1CW holds about you, please email or address them to:
The Data Representative
2 John’s Court
Crabtree Hall Business Centre
If we are unable to resolve any issues you may have or you would like to make a further complaint, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting for further assistance.
12) Changes to This Policy
A1CW may amend this policy from time to time. If A1CW makes any substantial changes in the way your personal information is used A1CW will make you aware of this by posting a notice on the site.